Sunday, February 19, 2006

Back when I was happy...

With Valentine’s Day being this week, I started to think about a time in my life where I was less jaded about love. I believed it was possible and that I would eventually find it. It was a time when I was happy.

What a fool!

Anyway, so for your amusement, I am posting a letter I wrote a girl in high school that I thought I was in love with. Children, learn from my mistakes. Get a doctor to neuter you before life does.

Hey Alexa,

You signed off pretty quick right now when I signed on. Did you sign off because I signed on? I’m really sorry I said that thing to you today. I thought you’d think it was a funny joke. When you told me that you were a fake blonde, I shouldn’t have asked if that meant you were “fake stupid.” It was really insensitive.

So, I was listening to “Take on Me” by A-Ha and I realized that it made me think of you. Actually, lots of songs make me think of you now a days. “You’re all the things I got to remember…Take on me, Take me on.” That’s from the song. Sometimes I think that way about you. You’re awesome.

So because you’re so awesome I wrote a poem for you today in the nurse’s room after I passed out in gym class. It’s based on Ovid’s Pyramus and Thisbe. Maybe I’ll read it to you some day.

I know we’ve only been friends for like 3 weeks, but you have replaced lonliness as my heart’s constant companion. I know you just broke up with your boyfriend, but I was wondering if you would go to prom with me. If you have already made other arrangements, I completely understand. Maybe we could see a movie together or something. (Have you ever seen Love Story? Academy Award Nominee, Best Picture, 1970. It's my favorite movie!)

Anyway, write me back!

Love,
Hari

P.S. I have a new e-mail address. It’s heartburnt@hotmail.com . (I know, I know…it’s pretty poetic.) Do you have a new e-mail too? All my e-mails to you have been bouncing back. Oh well, see you tomorrow at the girl’s soccer game.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FABULOUS! I love/like this one a lot.

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home