Monday, April 13, 2009

Have You Seen Me?

My friend Emily found this picture in a National Geographic a while ago and sent it to me:


"Hari, you were in National Geographic?"

No, imaginary friend. I wasn't. That is what we call a "Doppelgänger." (The arrow was added for emphasis.)

From that particular angle, this person looks exactly like yours truly. My hairline. My choice of eyewear. My clothing style. My horrible posture. The fact there is a smile on the face of the older lady next to "me" makes it even more like a situation I would be in.

Old people love me. EVIDENCE:

Me and my Grandma, Circa 2001.

I know it's NOT me, however, because my hands are smaller. I don't wear rings on my fingers. I have NEVER been to the Indian state of Bihar and have ABSOLUTELY NO RECOLLECTION of this memory.

I don't know who you are, Indian Brother, but I hope you are a good man.

Here is an official picture from National Geographic:

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw you at Bowdoin on Friday. You captured everybody's attention (even the prospective ones') that night! You are s truly talented person and I hope everything goes well for you.

8:04 PM  
Blogger A. Fischer said...

Ha as soon as I started reading that I said to myself "this sounds like an opening for a joke about Hari's hands." Your hands' doppelganger is also in the picture attached the girl in pink's wrists.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Pushkar said...

were you in avatar?

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home