Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"I'm [not] lovin' it"

I received this in the mail last week:


McDonald's sent me a coupon booklet and to make sure I understood what it was for, they wrote it in Hindi ( well, kindof...it's Hindi written phoentically using the English alphabet).

BRILLIANT! ETHNICALLY TARGETED ADVERTISING.

The cover of the booklet translates to "With Price Break. Coffee Break."

Why do I know this? I translated it on Google: http://www.google.com/ig?hl=en&referrer=ign_n

Hey McDonald's, here is some useful information about Hari Kondabolu:

1) I was born in Queens, NY and my native language is English.
2) My family is from the Southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh, where the native language is Telugu, NOT Hindi.


India has many languages. Perhaps you should have read this Wikipedia article entitled "Languages of India."

Here's another sheet of the booklet:


"Frugal Froth. More taste, less price."

And yes, you are allowed to laugh at "price kum." You have my permission. All of you. You know who you are.

Anyway...Nice try, McDonald's. I'm still not eating or drinking at your establishment. Still you should be proud that you are getting closer to identifying what I am. Remember your last attempt to convince me to purchase your garbage?

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Grendel said...

oh McDonald's, when will you learn?! I feel like they could stop sending such mailers and just pay their employees more!

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at first i thought it was a new ad campaign in india

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home